Monday 31 March 2014

Play (Stage Dive #2)



19080006Book: Play (Stage Dive #2)
Author: Kylie Scott
Year of Publication: March 25th 2014
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, music.
Synopsis: Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast—at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn’t plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn’t count on finding the one right girl.

Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls—especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?
Kylie Scott returns with the highly anticipated follow-up to international bestseller LICK

My Thoughts:
This book was sexy, faced paced and incredibly sweet that swept me of my feet instantly. This book made me fall in love with the main characters from the first page of the book, I loved the witty banter and the sexual tension between the two characters, this book purely rocked.


“They’re mocking us,” I said. “Nonsense. We just fucked so hard we broke your bed. They wish they were us. The natural order of sexual status has been restored.” 


I did not think Kylie Scott could write this book as amazingly as Lick. I was strongly mistaken about that. I think Anne and Mal could have made Eve and David run for their money. I adored their relationship. Anne Rollins was not a very close friend to Eve and yet on a very disasters day she found herself at David Ferris and his wife Eve’s party. She came with Lauren and Nate (Eve’s brother) at the party. At that very same party she meets Malcom Ericson, Stage Dives drummer and also her teenage crush.


“Hands down, that’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard. I can pretty much feel my legs just falling wide open for you right now.” 


descriptionThen on very funny but weird circumstances Mal moved into Anne’s apartment. He helps her out with money and she has to help him out by being his fake girlfriend. Can you imagine how Anne must feel with her teenage crush and also a half-naked rock god living in her apartment and quickly going after her heart? Anne and Mal lived in a life of sin in the department but Mal started to fall in love with Anne, they nearly lost each other by a stupid mistake but like the first book it all ended in a happy ending.

Play is hands down a “go to” book for all those rock star romance junkies. From the beginning of the book I was bewitched by simply how exiting this book follows. There was simply no time in this book to be bored, it was a real page tuner that was really funny and enjoyable. Mal was too funny for that. All the things that came out his dirty mouth where not only hilarious (though, I was close to be rolling on the floor from all the laughing I’ve done) but blazing hot too! It was a real fantastic read and I would recommend it to all those who loves Rock stars and romance books. There was a lot of laugh out loud moments that had me crying with tears that I could not stop laughing. So yeah I’m now totally in love with Mal and Anne.
description

"Pumpkin, I'm always serious when it comes to you. Even when I'm messing around, I'm still serious as shit. Whatever you need, whatever I have to do. It's been that way since we met."

 Related content:
 Lick by Kylie Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment