Sunday 16 March 2014

Leo (A Sign of Love #1)

Author: Mia Sheridan
Synopsis: Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN B00BT0JB0A

Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love, and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.

When Leo unexpectedly gets adopted as a teen and he moves to another city, he promises Evie that he will contact her as soon as he gets there and come back for her in a few short years. She never hears from him again.

Now eight years later, in spite of the odds, Evie has made a life for herself. She has a job. She has friends. She's content. Then a man shows up out of the blue, claiming that her long lost love, Leo, sent him to check up on her. The attraction between them is undeniable. But, should she trust this sexy stranger? Or is he keeping a secret about what his connection to Leo is really all about and why Leo disappeared all those years ago?

New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
My thoughts:
This book was beautiful, exiting and very romantic. Mia Sheridan wrote this book amazingly and I loved every second of it. I didn’t think I will like this book that much but looks like I was really wrong on that part.
“I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you'll save yourself for me.” 
This is a story of love between two foster kids. They both fell in love with each other at a real young age but Leo got adopted and he had to move to a new city. He promised that he will keep in contact with Evie but he broke that promise. That hurt Evie so much but she never really got over him. She could not even think about him without hurting. In a way she kept that promise for him up until a guy named Jake came into her life.
“After a minute, I look up and the boy named Leo is staring at me. I stare back, but he doesn´t look away.
"Why are you looking at me?" I hiss at him, my cheeks turning hot, filled with shame for the exchange he just heard.
He just keeps looking at me for a moment, and then he shrugs. "Because I like your face," he says, but now a corner of his mouth is quirking up in a half smile.” 
Jake told her that he was a friend of Leo’s and that Leo asked him to check up on her. Jake told her Leo was dead and she went that day into her room and cried the very night all night long. The next day he checked up on her and he was real sweet to her, he liked her a lot but he was keeping something very big from her. Every once in a while he reminded her of Leo but she chose to ignore it because it hurt her too much. Jake took her to do things she would never do in her life he kept her life out of her safe world. That scared her but he made her fall in love with him easier.
“He rips his mouth from mine as he growls, "Mine. Only mine. Only. Ever. Mine," still slamming into me, pounding me against the wall.” 
Jake kept a huge secret from Evie and when she found out what that secret was he nearly lost everything, lost her and his only true love. He told her why he lied to her and why he had to break a promise that he never wanted to brake, he was in a bad life after he left to a new city where he hated himself but somehow with Evie’s help he got better out of that self-hatred that he had for himself. It took her a while to get over that he lied to her but she loved him more, and the ending was just so sweet and loving and it had me dream for my very own prince charming.

“I choose you, I choose you, Leo. Always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment