Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful #2.5)

18808903Book: A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful #2.5)
Author: Jamie McGuire
Publication: December 10th 2013
Genre: New Adult, Young Adult, Contemporary romance, chick lit.
Synopsis:You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.



My Thoughts:
This book was sweet and loving. Romantic in ways and I always will Love Travis Maddox. He is a huge book boyfriend for me. 

Even though its been a while since I have read Beautiful Disaster, I reconnected with the characters from the very start. This story is told in both Travis and Abby's pov. What I did not like about this book is the actual reason why Abby wanted to marry Travis. I was kind pissed at her for wanting to marry him for that reason. This book takes us through there wedding what they did and thought. What I really loved about this book is how strongly Travis loved Abby and how strongly she loved him. Yes the reason why she wanted to marry him was one thing I hated about her but she loved him so much that she married him even though she had this fear of marrying so young. 
“By anyone’s standards, we were too young to get married, too unpredictable. How many times had we hurt one another along the way, screamed at each other one minute and fallen into bed together the next? But… I looked at him, resolute. He was mine, and I was his. If I knew anything at all, it was that only those two things mattered.”
 Their texts were adorable (“I look ducking amazing.”), that gorgeous letter totally made me cry (and the kiss after *clutches heart*), the ceremony had me smiling from ear to ear (you’re going to love what Travis says!), their wedding night was just perfect (*fans self*), the tattoo parlor was hilarious (seriously, LOL Travis!!), oh and don’t even get me started on the bachelor party and I really cant wait to read more about the Maddox men. This book was really nice but because of the reason why Abby first wanted to marry Travis means that I gave to give this book only 3 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment