Tuesday 1 April 2014

Dominic (Slater Brothers #1)



21473305Book: Dominic (Slater Brothers #1)
Author: L.A. Casey
Year of Publication: March 17th 2014
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary romance, crime, young adult, sports
Synopsis:
**************************************
WARNING: If you don't like a leading male that is a possessive pr**k, Dominic is NOT for you. If you don't like a leading female that is a stubborn bi**h, Dominic is NOTfor you. If you don't like characters who have bad tempers, Dominic is NOT for you. Most of all, if you don't like characters who CURSE A LOT and say EXACTLY what they feel and are thinking without sugar coating it then Dominic is REALLY NOT for you. I just want this warning in here so people will be aware of the book's content :)
**************************************


After a car accident killed her parents when she was a child, Bronagh Murphy chose to box herself off from people in an effort to keep herself from future hurt. If she doesn't befriend people, talk to them or acknowledge them in any way they leave her alone just like she wants.

When Dominic Slater enters her life, ignoring him is all she has to do to get his attention. Dominic is used to attention, and when he and his brothers move to Dublin, Ireland for family business, he gets nothing but attention. Attention from everyone except the beautiful brunette with a sharp tongue.

Dominic wants Bronagh and the only way he can get to her, is by dragging her from the boxed off corner she has herself trapped in the only way he knows how...by force.

Dominic wants her, and what Dominic wants, Dominic gets

My Thoughts:
This book has an extremely original storyline and a plot that knocks you out of the ring! I really liked Bronagh with her feisty attitude towards Dominic. I liked that she was the only person that did not call him Nico.  Nico did not let her attitude towards him push her away on the contrary that made him like a more. 



 Bee was a breath of fresh air for me. She was not model thin and she had a nice round ass witch she thinks makes her look fat. This girl was a loner and everybody left her alone but she was not afraid to speak her mind and when she did you would wonder why she has no real friends. The reason she did not open herself up to friendship and love is because she is scared she will lose them. She won’t be able to survive if she loses someone she loves again that’s why there is only one person that she loves and that is her older sister.


"I think you're the only girl he has ever asked to be his girl, and you rejected him. That might knock him back a bit and make him realize he is not God"


Dominic liked Bee the moment he met her because for him she was fresh air, she was not like the other girls who would beg to be dated by one of the Slater brothers. Bee hated Nico and that’s why he liked her but he could not get through her walls she put around her heart. Nico is really BOSSY, SEXUAL BEING, RIPPED, FIGHTER, VERY DOMINANT AND WHAT HE WANTS HE GETS, he will kill for love and he has 4 other brothers. Nico wanted something he cant get and that was Bee and the only way he could think of by getting her is by force (not physical force but still force). The Slater brothers also had a huge secret that could make or break Nico and Bee’s relationship.  

"Dominic grinned. “You’ve been my girl since you slapped me across the face two days after I met you. No girl has ever hit me before for touching their ass, but you did and you insulted me to no end and openly professed your hatred for me every day you encountered me after that. I like it in a weird, twisted way. You don't fall for my bullshit, Bronagh, you're yourself with me. You don't act the way you think I want you to act just so we can hook up. You avoid me at all costs and refuse to look at me most days; you're amazing"

Now hold up! Yes Bee hated him in the beginning but with all that sexual tension going along and her need to feel loved made her fall in love with him in a way she never thought she would.

"Maybe God is findin' your and Nico's situation amusin'. I am for the most part."

The secrets that unfolded in this book left me in so much shock I could only stare at the page for a minute or more. I never thought I would figure out who the villain in the book was and what the Slater brothers would actually do to protect the ones they loved. THIS BOOK WAS SO GREAT THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE I KNOW.

You've always been mine, pretty girl. You just didn't know it"

No comments:

Post a Comment