Tuesday 8 April 2014

Red at Night (Harlequin More Than Words)

18808865Book: Red at Night (Harlequin More Than Words)
Author:
Publication:April 1st 2014
Genre:Young Adult, romance, short story, novella, chick lit, Contemporary romance
SynopsisIn Red at Night, Stella and Jonah are total opposites. She's the girl with purple hair from the wrong part of town. He's a high school senior who hangs with the cool crowd. Until a car accident leaves him haunted by guilt, and Jonah starts spending time at Stella's favorite refuge…the local cemetery.

Stella knows she should keep her distance—after all, she spent her girlhood being bullied by Jonah's friends. Once he's sorted out his tangled emotions, Jonah won't have time for her anymore. Too bad she's already fallen for him.
MY THOUGHTS:

This book was beautiful and I loved every moment of it. Katie McGarry is one of my favorite authors and when I saw what inspired the book I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. Thats why this book deserves a 5 star.
"See how the leaves turn up?" Rick points to the maple near Lydia's grave. "That means a storm's coming - a bad one." "A storm's always coming," I state. "Some don't have rain."
 Jonah and Stella's story put a huge smile to my face. This book was really sweet and it's true to the fact how a lot of fosterkids feel. These two helped each other out and I loved reading this book as much as I loved all of Katie's books. Katie just knows how to write romance books thats sweet and what might happen in real life. 
After our kiss, we watched the sunset in silence. "The sky was red," she whispers. "Yeah." It was possibly the most beautiful sunset I've seen. "That means there shouldn't be a storm." But there's doubt in her voice and somehow I don't feel like she's referring to the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment