Saturday 19 April 2014

Cursed

CursedBook: Cursed
Publication: September 18th 2012 by Spencer Hill Press
Genre: Paranormal, young adult, ya, fantasy, romance
Synopsis: Dying sucks
...and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand.

After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she's more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she's willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she's not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life.

For real this time
MY THOUGHTS:
This book was a real good book, but somehow I expected a tiny bit more from JLA. I can say like in all her books Hayden was so drool worthy and hot. Cursed was on my to read list for nearly more than a year so when I was in the mood to read it I really did enjoy the book.

Jennifer always knows how to write books I mean she knows how to keep your attention most of the time and that’s what I like about her books. I could not give this book 5 stars like I give all her books because somehow I expected a tiny bit more ( I already said that I know) that’s why I give a 4 star because it was nearly perfect.
“Listen to me, Ember. I couldn’t hurt you. I can’t.” Hayden settled his eyes on me. They were softer than I’d ever seen. “I love you— I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you.” 


Now what is this book about? Well it’s about a very strong heroine who died but her baby sister could not lose her so she brought her back from the dead but when that happened she got this power of death. Now what does that mean? It means that if Ember ever touches anybody or anything by accident or on purpose the die, it’s not something she can switch of or that’s what she thought.  Hayden and his family new about Olivia(her younger sister) and later they found out about Ember. They all left the girls alone until one day somehow touched Ember’s skin. Now that means that the guy died. Hayden and his family had to step in, take them to a place where people like them lived people with power just like Olivia and Ember.
“Hunger gnawed at my stomach, but I was afraid someone would be in the kitchen again. So I found myself staring at the front door. Freedom seemed just a doorknob-turn away.
When I did open the door, freedom didn't wait — a half-naked Hayden did.” 
Olivia loves their new home but Ember didn’t because she did not trust anyone there. Nobody wanted her there either everyone was scared of her everyone except Hayden who fell in love with her while he was spying on her and everyone in the house new it. His dad told Hayden to stay away from her but he never listened and also Hayden is the only person she can touch because of his power that kicks in and saves him before Ember’s powers kills him. They can touch each other for a few seconds. Hayden decided he will help her find out how to control her powers more.  She was starting to control it perfectly well after a lot of practise and after that she and Hayden became closer than ever.
“Hayden’s gaze fell to my lips. 
My heart did a stupid little jump that made me all warm and fuzzy. He liked me— really liked me. Even after seeing my scars. It was like hitting the jackpot of awesome guys.”

I loved the ending of the book because it was fast paced and she trusted the wrong person at the end that nearly cost her life, but the people that she thought she could never trust saved her life. Hayden did everything he could to keep her save and that’s also what his father is doing now to. She now feels that she has a family again and not just has Olivia but everyone else is also there for her. It just took a while for her to figure it out. I would like it if JLA would write another story of all of them maybe where Ember learns to completely control her powers maybe where she can switch it on or off so she can feel like a normal person again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment