Wednesday 26 March 2014

Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love #4)



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgUou6H2EfxkIf1lqfv5RNer2bOfKxd9x_dnHpuALeLqfnHmHZmd-BRj0trW5Y-63Nh_8eywVbloAYP5lFTEirrBe4qn40jeKp3-nqKokJGy4pW4oCsGUC66J2e7eXYyl08_A92xqREAsk/s1600/photo-6.JPGBook: Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love #4)
Author: Mia Sheridan 
Synopsis: When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18

My Thoughts:

I absolutely loved this book. Archer's Voice was one of the most heart-warming and uniquely beautiful stories I have ever read. Mia being able to keep me captivated with her vivid imagination and strong emotion is just amazing. This was a gorgeous tale of survival and the healing power of love. I strongly encourage everyone to read it!! Without a doubt, it is now one of my top favourite books!








First off all this is a stand-alone book.  Yeah its A Sign of Love series but you don’t have to read the other books to understand this one and it has a complete resolved ending that beautifully wraps up this entire story.



“I was glad he didn’t try to come up with something encouraging to say. Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words.” 

This is one of the books that really grabbed at my heart since the beginning. The first few pages had me invested in the story and had me in tears. That is a great sign of writing if it had me invested so much already in this book I mean I did not even know the characters yet. This book was mostly told in Bree’s view but there are a few times where we get flashbacks from Archer. This was perfect really because it allowed us to follow her story while still connecting emotionally to Archer. And then later on, we also a few present day scenes here and there from his perspective as well.
The more I learned about Archer the more my heart broke for him. What I really loved about this book there was not insta-love and nothing was rushed but I still felt the connection between Archer and Bree the moment they met ---- every glance, every gesture, and every little exchange between them captivated me just a little bit more. Archer was mysterious, misunderstood, sweet, silent, beautiful, broken, shy, powerful, protective.... I could go on there is still so much more of him but all those made him a real amazing person and I fell in love with him a nice book boyfriend you have there.
I was never annoyed with Bree because she is the only person that made Archer feel welcome in his own town. She was a good person and she was never shy and did not listen to the rumours of Archer being crazy. I liked that she could see the real Archer and not what everyone else saw, she made him better and taught him a lot of new things.
 Their chemistry was scorching. Even just their first kiss had me swooning. Totally butterflies-in-my-stomach moment. This was one of the best Adult- books I have ever read and I loved every moment of it. I mean those two where real H.O.T.


"He... broke his lips from mine to look down questioningly into my face, to see if I was okay with what he was doing. His gentleness and his concern with what I desired made my heart squeeze tightly, and I smiled a small smile. "Yes," I breathed out. "Yes."

Archer was not your typical hero in the book but he still made my heart melt. This book took me through a lot of different emotions, I laughed, I cried, I fell in love.  This story was slow building but perfectly paced because it developed Bree and Archer’s relationship perfectly. It felt real and I experienced every emotion they had with them I really did love this book.  It was so wonderful to see Archer's trust build as their love grew. Every little act meant SO much and my heart literally ached with love for him.

"I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you, and I don't know how. Teach me, Bree. Please teach me. Don't let me destroy this." He looked at me beseechingly, pain etched into every feature of his face.

Oh God, Archer, I thought, my heart squeezing tightly in my chest. How do you teach a man who has lost everything, not to fear it happening again? 

The thing I loved the most about this book is there was no unnecessary drama. I understood the decisions Bree and Archer made even though I did not like one of Archer’s decisions but that choice made him who he is and stronger he now feels like he can protect Bree like before her felt he could not so that choice he made might have hurt at first but he did get more stronger and he did feel more like he deserved to love Bree.
As the book built towards the ending, things got more intense and I couldn't flip the pages fast enough but I finished it with happy tears in my eyes and literally just sat there for several minutes smiling and just feeling everything. It was a beautiful, emotional, and entirely unique story -- so different from anything else I've ever read. I can't recommend it highly enough!!

"He smiled back and put his lips against mine, mouthing, "I love you, too," against my mouth, as if he was breathing love into my body."

No comments:

Post a Comment